Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Funny moments of Insanity

Here recently, I have had some rather entertaining battles with my emotions. Mostly it's random crying for no reason.  If you knew my premedication self, I'm easy going most of the time. I am not an emotional person. I rarely cry and if I do I'm probably stark raving lunatic mad :). Although you may catch me at church with a few tears, I'm not your "cry at chick flicks" type.

So a couple of weekends ago, Eric and I had a friend's wedding we were getting ready for. I wanted a new dress and shoes for the event, so I decided to go shopping. The night before, I had bought a new pair of shoes, but being the Sasquatch I am, they didn't fit. (FYI: I wear a size 11) Shoes are impossible! Eric, child #2, and I went to return the shoes and look for a dress. As we were looking, every dress I saw I wasn't happy with. Eric's zooming around the store looking for the perfect dress for me. He finally finds a dress that I approve of and as we walk to the register to return the shoes and buy the dress, I see a coworker/friend of mine. She asks me how my day was and in a sudden burst of insanity, I fall to pieces for absolutely no reason. These weren't tiny lady-like tears, they were sobs. While I'm sobbing like a fool in the store, I'm also laughing because it is so ridiculous! The poor clerk was staring at me, Eric, and my friend. I couldn't talk, breathe, or explain my craziness. Thank goodness my friend understands this whole process because I was a sight. She looked at me and in one word explained it all "Hormones!" I nodded, went to the makeup counter, grabbed some tissue and bought the dress. I am pretty positive Eric was shocked and embarrassed by my outburst. (Remember he's been married to a woman who rarely cries)

Later that day, my mother in law was staying with the girls while Eric and I went to the wedding. I was getting dressed and I over heard child #2 telling my mother in law "Wela (Grandma), mama had a melt down in the store."  Of course I explained the "meltdown" to my mother in law and child #2. Yes honey,  that was an official Mommy meltdown :)

So if I'm acting a little different, you now know why. Keep us in your prayers as we continue this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment